Working groups formed at the ESBG 2007 in Germany with the interest to develop training coursses for SB building and to prepare a European technical approval (ETA). There have been meetings in England, France, Italy and Germany without any founding. In 2009 the representatives of the national organisations made an application for a Leonardo Learning partnership that had been granted shortly before the ESBG 2009 in Belgium.
Six partners then got together in the Leonardo da Vinci Partnership 2009-2011. Partner countries of “European Learning Partnership for Strawbale Building” were Belgium, Germany, France, Slovakia, Spain and England as a silent partner.
The partner nations of this project worked on the project tasks in several working groups.
- One of the the results of the training group is a training structure for Straw Bale Building with 10 equal units with sessionplans and infosheets to fit into European Credit system for Vocational Education Training. One unit of this training course was tried out and tested in a pilot workshop in May 2011 in Slovakia and evaluated to improve the quality of the training units. The next step would be to work out all units and to go further into details in a next partnership.
- The working group for “Best Building Practice” collected established straw bale building techniques of partner countries, evaluated, picured and described 6 different constructions with details, properties, qualities, time consumption, material, price and the impact on the environment.
- A questionaire for Straw Bale activities of national SB organisations about established building techniques, training activities and national regulations was created and sent to European networkers. Afterwards the answers were evaluated to form the background for the other working groups.
- The working group “National Building Regulations” collected information about the ways of getting building permissions for SB buildings in different European countries.
- The working group “State of Science and Technology” started to collect Straw Bale tests and results of research activities for fire resistance, heat and sound insulation, and behavior under load that have been done in different parts of Europe and over the world.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 June 2011 12:25